Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Laura's Story

After years of taking care of everyone but myself, I realized I was out of shape and in desperate need of exercise.  I am an organized person, who loves to work and runs a company with over 300 employees.  I am self motivated when it comes to work; but why could I never motivate myself to stick with an exercise plan.  I won an auction bid to a health club membership in Oct. 2009. It wasn’t until Feb. 2010, I finally walked through the health club doors and signed up and asked for a Personal Trainer.  That’s when I met Emily.  She is enthusiastic about her job and motivates with friendship and positive inspiration.  I have been going twice a week ever since.  My first goal was to go for a bike ride on our vacation in June.  We were going to Europe and I wanted to be able to take a bike tour.  It was exciting to be able to do this.  Emily worked with me to build my stamina with different exercises every time I went.  I never was bored and she never gave up on me.  By having an appointment each week encouraged me to go.  I had to block that time just like a business meeting.  I met my goal so what is next, each week it is exciting to see that I am little stronger, can go to the next weight, ride the stationary bike longer.  My next goal is to take a 2 hour bike ride to see New England in the Fall.  I know I can do it with the training and support Emily has provided.  She is an excellent “Personal Trainer” who has the skills and knowledge to take you where you want to go.

-Laura Redman

From Emily
Laura has been with me for several years now, and is still committed to her exercise program!  I would like to highlight that accomplishment because like so many others she has tried the whole workout thing before and stopped after a couple short weeks or months.  NOT THIS TIME!  Making exercise a priority twice a week when it's not always convenient I defiantly admire.  She has a way of seeing the positive in most any situation.  Taking one day at a time, and one workout at a time.  Keep on keepin on, way to go Laura!

Current goals:  To bike at level 4.5 for 2 intervals during workout- one month goal.  Not miss a workout- two month goal.  Enjoying the process! (september 2012)
 
one month goal-  incorporate 2 additional at home workouts (october 2012)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment